New CMS Features: Recycle Bin, Code Element, Calendar
We recently released new features and enhancements to our Mango River CMS (content management system). If you have a website with us using the system, all these come included with your existing monthly hosting fee.
A complete list of these features and enhancements is included at the end of this post, but here are some highlights!
Recycle Bin and Admin Toolbar
Unlike before, deleting a page or an element on a page no longer deletes it forever. Now when one is deleted it is saved for 30 days in the Recycle Bin.
You cab see the Recycle Bin by clicking the button on the new admin toolbar as shown below. The new admin toolbar also simplifies getting around to the features you need.
Complete instructions for the new recycle bin are in our online help.
Updated Calendar Element
The calendar element now has been made more responsive and has other features, including a new calendar style option that allows you to choose a light or dark theme to your calendar, and a highlight colour feature with colour choices to highlight events. Detailed instructions for adding a calendar and events to a page is available in our online help.
You now have the option to expand or collapse the page bar. To collapse the page bar, click the collapse button on the right side of the bar. This collapses the bar and leaves only the expand button visible. Click the expand button to display the full page bar.
Summary of New Features Added
- Added the new code element for placing code on a page so that code no longer has to be added through the text element.
- The new Recycle Bin feature enables you to retain deleted elements and pages for a thirty day period, during which time you can restore them if necessary. At the end of 30 days, the items are automatically deleted.
- Added a Body Header field to the Advanced tab under Website Setting. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately after the opening <body> tag on the page.
- Add a Body Footer field to the Advanced tab under Website Settings. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately before the closing <body> tag on the page.
- Add a Body Header field to the Page Settings Advanced tab. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately after the opening <body> tag.
- Add a Body Footer field to the Page Settings Advanced tab. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately before the closing </body> tag.
- Add an HTML Head field to the Checkout Settings General tab. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately before the closing </head> tag on the checkout pages and on the Thank You page.
- Added a Body Header field to the Checkout Settings General tab. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately after the opening <body> tag on the checkout pages and on the Thank You page.
- Added a Body Footer field to the Checkout Settings General tab. Any content entered in this field is placed immediately before the closing </body> tag on the checkout pages and on the Thank You page.
Summary of New Enhancements
- Updated and reorganized the admin toolbar.
- Added expand and collapse feature to the page bar.
- Updated the calendar element to include responsiveness, light and dark themes, event highlighting, and more CSS for easier styling.
- Added an option to the photo gallery advanced settings to disable FancyBox. This enables developers to use a different script for the photo gallery.
- The blog post iTunes summary is now truncated to 4,000 characters.
- The store checkout notification email now includes the customer email address and marketing materials flag in the body of the email.
- When a site is set for 508 compliance, the form builder descriptor fields are defaulted to input name instead of input note. This makes the form 508 compliant.
- The author email is now an optional entry for blog posts.
- Section 508-compliant HTML and CSS, along with a new Liberty 508 template.
- Text Editor - Added a "Clear Class" option to the Class dropdown list, and added Font Size adjustment options.
- Upgraded to the latest version of Stripe to use SHA-2 and TLS 1.2 in order to keep the integration with Stripe secure and functioning.
- Updated Authorize.net endpoints to take advantage of the Akamai SureRoute technology.
- Updated the appearance of evites, search results pages, and the 301 redirect page to give them a fresh, new look.
- Renamed the Google Analytics field on the Store Settings SEO tab to HTML Head and moved the field to the Advanced tab.
- Any code in the HTML Head field on the Website Settings, now also renders on the checkout pages and on the Thank you page.
- Added Additional RSS configuration options including: Language, Category, Explicity, Description, and Include Featured Image in RSS Feed.
- To prevent spamming, the Evite element now restricts the number of messages that can be sent in a day to 30 messages.
- The system can now handle streaming for the most common audio and video formats.
- Added a new List With Summary view to the Calendar element.
- Added a new Store Tag view to the Product Listing element.
- The store settings now includes an option that lets you include a list of a product's assigned tags on the product's detail page.
Summary of Resolved Issues
- Blog tags are now included when importing a WordPress blog.
- The Media Manager now automatically selects the last uploaded image.
- The file size and dimensions are now updated after an image is edited in the media manager.
- Updated blog caching strategy to reduce database timeouts for blog posts.
- Special characters are now allowed in file names of uploaded files.
- Modified iCal feed updates to not overwrite thumbnails and featured images.
- RSS feeds now correctly update.
- The PayPal payment option for the store no longer requires the email address.
- Thumbnail and featured images are now copied to all instances of recurring events.
- Calendar iCal import now handles recurring events that have been edited after the original creation.
- When a site had a large number of pages, users were prevented from granting view and edit rights on the edit role page.
Have questions on how to add of any of these new features? Please check out our online help or feel free to contact us!
Posted on Sat, 19 November, 2016
by John Sharkey