SSL is used to encrypt the connection between your website and your visitors.
It is what is used for the https protocol you have seen on websites to make them secure, preventing monitoring and tampering with website visitors data on their machines. It has the following benefits:
- Faster websites: SSL use to slow websites down, but the newer technology actually improves page load times to make them up to twice as fast.
- Better search engine rankings: Search engines like Google are giving secure websites a boost in rankings. This helps you rank higher for related searches and get more visitors!
- Secure your visitors data: Making your website secure protects you and your visitors data from being snooped on and having ads injected on their machines over http.
- Build trust and reputation: Having a secure website displays the green lock in a visitors website address bar, rather than an information warning about the page not being secure. This is especially helpful on contact form pages where people are sending information. A prominent lock icon can be added to let prospects know your form is secure, which increases trust and removes concerns about filling out your form.
- Be compliant with regulations: PCI compliance and other regulations such as GDPR require you to keep data secure. SSL helps meet those regulations.
Our website SSL services start at a one-off fee of only £90 + VAT with no additional monthly costs. We can help you weigh the security options and secure your site on whatever host you are with. Please contact us now for a free consultation.